18 Cholesterol Lowering Foods!
In honor of National Cholesterol Education Month my last blog post, Cholesterol: The Facts, was dedicated to cholesterol. Now I want to talk about cholesterol lowering foods.
The best way to improve your cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease is to change your diet and lifestyle. Eat a whole foods, plant-based diet and incorporate exercise and stress-relieving activities into your daily routine. Here is my list of 18 great cholesterol lowering foods!
- Oatmeal or oats
- Coconut oil and flaxseed oil
- Fish (tuna, salmon, halibut, herring, mackerel)
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews)
- Seeds (ground flaxseeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- Soy (soybeans, soy nuts, soymilk, tofu)
- Beans (chickpeas, kidney, navy, pinto, black or butter beans)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Pomegranate Juice
- Goji Berries